Hi Stuart,

I'm not sure what your use case is for running the agent as a daemon in
noop mode? I can't think of a situation at least in my workplace when I'd
want to do that.

You know that you can run the agent once in noop mode from the command
line? You can do that without changing any configs really easily:

puppet agent -t --noop

We do that a lot where I work when we're testing code. The agent just runs
once and will report on what it would have done, but won't make any
changes. A lot of times when we test that we're doing it on a different git
branch, and we use "--environment=" to run against that other branch.

I'm not sure if this is helpful, maybe you already know about it :)

Rich