On 4 December 2013 04:54, Stuart Cracraft <smcracr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The rationale for the above methodology is: hosting firm doing database
> hosting in a (very)
> highly secured environment seeking to ensure extreme care of the "crown
> jewels."
>
> We realize it is not an exciting use case.

We run a similarly unexciting puppet environment with strict change
control, so no "standard" updating every 30 minutes. We run a puppet noop
twice a day from cron (not daemon mode), which reports back to the puppet
dashboard.

We can then extract the dashboard information as a CSV and report on non
conformity, especial some modules like "security". See some examples
in a previous
post <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/__fnPo4RzKo/GJJMWpki9pEJ>

John