Hi.

No. Don't remove ESX. That's not was I was implying.

>From your original inquiries, I was under the impression that you meant
to deploy Centos VMs by whatever means and use puppet to configure their
operating system.

Apparently, what you are attempting is the provisioning of the VMs
themselves using puppet. Is that correct?

I don't know much about ESX. But I doubt the puppet agent is functional
on this platform. There is little benefit to installing puppet for the
sole purpose of deploying VMs, anyway. That is, puppet doesn't give you
much more power or convenience than a custom script.

There's not much more advice I can dispense on this. Perhaps there is
someone with more ESX knowledge on the list.

HTH,
Felix

--
MPeX.net GmbH / Werner-Voss-Damm 62 / D-12101 Berlin / Germany
MPeXnetworks / www.mpexnetworks.de

Sitz, Registergericht: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 76688
Geschäftsführer: Lars Bräuer, Gregor Rex-Lawatscheck