If you are using Puppet Enterprise, it does have support for provisioning
VMs though Puppet:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/pe/latest/cloudprovisioner_vmware.html

If you're using the open source Puppet, I'm not aware of a way to do that
(I'm not saying there's not a way, just that I don't know of one). But once
you have provisioned the nodes some other way and have them running, you
can manage them through Puppet at that point.

Rich

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Dhanarajan Ponnurangam <kpdhan...@gmail.com