W dniu wtorek, 10 grudnia 2013 09:58:09 UTC+1 użytkownik blkperl napisał:

> A couple of days ago we released puppetlabs/apache 0.10.0, and as busy as
> all involved people were we were to accomplish the release they are now
> equally
> busy to  do other amazing things.
>
> http://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/apache/0.10.0
>

> Among the endless (22) features that we've added in this release two big
> accomplishments shine, making this an important milestone:
>
>     added FreeBSD as a supported Platform (Special Thanks to ptomulik)
>     made sure that a great number of tests are /actually/ executed
> (Special Thanks to Aethylred)
>
> The latter really guarantees that this release and the ones coming will be
> truely backwards compatible.
>
> Check out the CHANGELOG for all the changes in this release.
>
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apache/blob/<https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apache/blob/0.10.0/CHANGELOG.md>
> 0.10.0<https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apache/blob/0.10.0/CHANGELOG.md>
> /CHANGELOG.md<https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apache/blob/0.10.0/CHANGELOG.md>
>
> Moving forward
>
> tampakrap is working on OpenSuse/SLES and Gentoo osfamily support.
>
> The module team is working hard on a new systems test framework: [Beaker](
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/beaker) that will expand upon our
> rspec-system tests allowing use to support multinode tests, as well as
> the ability to test platforms that are usually out of reach for normal
> developers (AIX...).
>
> For the bigger changes we need to make some hard decisions. We know that
> we need to get started on support for httpd 2.4 as more distributions are
> finally picking it up. But we don't know yet how to get there exactly.
>
> We thus want to ask you to participate in discussions on the issue tracker:
>
>  https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apache/issues/477
>  https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-apache/issues/337
>
> As we approach a 1.0 release we want to know what features we need to
> support
> and what breakage you as the user are willing to take. Please send us
> feedback
> if you have use cases for the puppetlabs/apache module that we are not
> aware of:
>

>    - <your most treasured feature here>
>

>    -

   - a nice feature would be to allowing multiple instances of apache
   service on single VM (most OSes support this, I think). This is used to
   build environments (few virtual hosts per VM), where each virtual host runs
   its own apache instance as an ordinary user (non-root, each instance is
   started with different user's rights). The virtual hosts may be hidden
   behind a reverse proxy running possibly on the same host (as another yet
   apache instance). This yields better isolation between vhosts/users and
   eliminates the need for toys such as suphp.