Something like the following might work.

class profile::app1_site
  class {'apache::mod::php':}
  package { 'php5-brcypt': }
  # etc etc
}

I've avoided parameterized classes for historical reasons, but Joseph's method should work. It does require some restructuring.

fwiw not a fan of the apache::mod set of functionality unless the module is part of Apache core. I've noticed there is now a puppetlabs-passenger module to handle the complexities apache::mod { 'passenger': } could not. Assuming your PHP config is more than just installing the Apache module I recommend following the same logic and making your own PHP module with a module and local conf define. Wrap that in profile::php with the needed create_resources and add it to the role.

Ramin