service httpd graceful will help. I would highly recommend you to have a
dev / prd environment for your puppetmaster as well. Vagrant is very
helpful for that. Having auto provisioned puppet masters is really helpful
as it allows you to test new puppet master upgrades and configuration
changes.

Cheers

Juan