> Puppet hasn't been released for Ubuntu 14.04 yet. There were some
> dependency updates for the puppet package that are needed for Trusty
> that haven't been released yet. The commit with the fix
> (
> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/commit/b6514b8dfe92a1e66c086fe1f45e5e7261bd45fb)
>

> should be released in Puppet 3.6.0. Until then I would recommend using
> Ubuntu's 3.4.3 packages.

I see the Puppet package repo documentation [1] lists Ubuntu 14.04 under
the "we do not run tests on these distributions" section, while other
Ubuntu LTS releases (10.04, 12.04) are tested.  Please fix this, as 14.04
is definitely an LTS release.

Also, to the official Puppet Labs packagers: please roll up your sleeves
and produce 3.5 packages for 14.04.  Asking people to use Ubuntu's 3.4.3
packages is not acceptable.  I use Puppet on a range of operating systems,
deploying the Puppet Labs packages in all cases.  Using 3.5.1 for all
scenarios except for Ubuntu 14.04 would be a significant hardship at my
organization.  It would mean a certain level of consistency could be
expected across all systems except for "this group".

In addition, I've tested the Ubuntu 3.4.3 packages and found two minor yet
annoying differences from the Puppet Labs versions:
1. The puppet daemon is started during the package installation, meaning
SSL certificates are created.  This results in lint to be cleaned up if the
hostname is not set to it's final intended value at the time of Puppet
installation.
2. "puppet agent --enable" must be run before performing a run using the
CLI.

[1] http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/puppetlabs_package_repositories.html