Hello: This might be a dumb question, but can you build a system manually
with the various CMSes?  Are there a cross-set of technologies (Apache,
PHP, MySQL) that will work on all CMSes in your organization?  I would
think in terms in how you would build these systems manually w/o puppet in
some organized way, then see how this can fit into puppet.   If you can
build some reference platform that can host some or all of these, then you
have your basic profile for that wonder-web-box system.

Complexity might come in when you start separating, such as putting php in
it's own module and apache in another, then sequencing them in profile.
You can use augues to scissor in php specific configurations (or
alternatively creative erb ruby code to other configurations).  This is
what I do for a nginx + php-fm configuration.

class profile::webserver {  class  { "nginx": } -> class  { "php": } }