Thanks for replying, Josh.

I just tried your suggestion but the same thing happens.

install_options => ['-silent', '-waitforcompletion', '-noconsole'.
'-responseFile', 'D:\Build\Ora11gclient.rsp'],

It spawns several processes (javaw, oui, etc) and then it unzips the files (I
see unzip.exe execute in task mgr, and I see the files expanded in the puppet
users appdata/local/temp folder) then it hangs with the following processes
hung (in the security context of the service account under which the puppet
service is running) – 0% CPU utilization on these processes.

conhost.exe (two of them), ruby.exe*32 (two of them), setup.exe*32, oui.exe*32,
javaw.exe*32, cmd.exe*32 (two of them) hanging with 0 CPU utilization.

I have turned on debugging and I get the following in the event log shortly
before it hangs.
Executing 'cmd.exe /c start "puppet-install" /w
D:\Build\Oracle11gclient\setup.exe -silent -noconsole -waitforcompletion
-responseFile D:\Build\Ora11gclient.rsp'

It eventually times out.

Any other thoughts?  The odd thing is that I can install this from the command
line with the same options, so I know I have the options correct.  Are these
processes getting orphaned? I’m guessing based on the behavior, but it looks
like the install kicks off several processes, and after the unzip the other
processes seem to be waiting for some signal that never happens.

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks.

-Jim