On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:44:43 AM UTC-5, Andre Nathan wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:14:31 PM UTC-3, Garrett Honeycutt wrote:
>

>> Your usage of a base node that other nodes inherit is an anti-pattern
>> though and will cause you grief as you grow.
>

> Why is it an anti-pattern? Isn't variable inheritance supported? Why can't
> I organize my nodes in sub-directories? It's something simple that greatly
> enhances code organization.

Limited node inheritance is OK if you really understand what you're doing.
Most people don't: node inheritance doesn't work the way they expect.  The
OO meaning of "inheritance" leads them in the wrong direction.

Multiple levels of node inheritance are a particularly precarious: in
addition to inheritance likely not working as you expect or want, a node
inheritance hierarchy locks you into a single principle node taxonomy.  Few
real sites are well modeled by such a regime.

John