Ken / Deepak,

first of all thanks a ton for the great help.

It seems there is some issue with the  "puppet facts upload" command"

I already have the certname & server configuration directives declared in
the puppet.conf but for some reason the same are not being recognized by
the puppet facts command

When I am trying to run
*# puppet facts upload*
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)

*Error: getaddrinfo: Name or service not knownError: Try 'puppet help facts
upload' for usage*
But when I try to run

*# puppet facts upload --server="puppet_master_server"
--certname="agent_certname"*ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)

*Notice: Uploaded facts for 'agent_certname'*
Also I tried to use the postrun_command within the puppet.conf on the
client node but I end up getting the same error.

Please let me know if there is something that I am missing, as I am
planning to either use "puppet facts upload" within my manifest or in the
postrun command.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks &  Regards,

Rakesh K.