On 12/10/2014 02:08 AM, Sebastian Otaegui wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have created this
> module https://forge.puppetlabs.com/spantree/phpldapadmin some time ago.
>
> I tested it with 3.6.2 and 3.7.3 and it has no issues doing "puppet
> module install spantree/phpldapadmin"
>
> I have a user reporting that while using my module with puppet
> enterprise 3.3.0 on centos 6.5 he gets the following error:
>
> [vagrant@localhost ~]$ puppet module install spantree/phpldapadmin
> Notice: Preparing to install into /home/vagrant/.puppet/modules ...
> Notice: Downloading from https://forgeapi.puppetlabs.com ...
> Error: Unparsable version range: ">3.x"
> Error: Try 'puppet help module install' for usage
>

> I checked my metadata.json and there is no reference to any version 3.x
> https://github.com/Spantree/puppet-phpldapadmin/blob/master/metadata.json
>
> Need help to be able to troubleshoot this issue as it does not seem
> related to my module
>
> Should I hit the pe-users list instead of this one?
>
> Regards

Sounds like the user should come asking for help :-)

This will be painful, with you relaying all requests and information.
Anyway - can the user add --trace to the `puppet module` invocation? Not
sure if that works in this context, but worth a shot, to see where this
is coming from in the first place.

Apart from that, they should try and find that version range somewhere
on the target system ,no?

HTH,
Felix