I believe you are probably not declaring class { '::apache': } anywhere, or
it is declared after ::apache::mod::pagespeed, which means that
$::apache::mod::pagespeed::apache_version is nil (since the default doesn't
exist when the class is parsed), that's causing nil to be sent to
versioncmp() in the template....

<%- if scope.function_versioncmp([@apache_version, '2.4']) >= 0 -%>

Make sure you declare ::apache first and it should be fine.

Craig

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Felix Frank <
felix.fr...@alumni.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what do you mean by 'parent class'?
>
> From looking at the source, it seems that the apache::mod::pagespeed
> class is not related to class apache at all. Parameter values for the
> latter will not apply to the former. Could this be your problem?
>
> I'm a little confused by the phrasing of the error message in your
> paste, but that is likely just an artifact from Puppet's ERB binding.
>
> On 12/09/2014 11:03 AM, Brent Clark wrote:
> > Good day Guys.
> >
> > An interesting challenge.
> >
> > I'm trying to get mod pagespeed of puppet labs apache module working.
> >
> > Everything is fine, until I define class{'apache::mod::pagespeed':}
> >
> > Its kinda like puppet cant seem to find the parent class defined
> variables.
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/kmCu0L5H
> >
> > To just enable the mod (i.e. apache::mod {'pagespeed':}), there is no
> > problem, but I now need to take management of pagespeed.conf.
> >
> > Regards
> > Brent Clark

*Enviatics *| Automation and configuration management
http://www.enviatics.com | @Enviatics
Puppet Training http://www.enviatics.com/training/