On 01/12/2015 03:55 PM, Felix Frank wrote:
> I think the issue is that facter/util is not supposed to be pluggable
> this way. Custom facts live in lib/facter/*.rb and that's the extent of
> it. I may be mistaken, but it seems consistent to me that this will not
> work.

Hi,

I just found that this is most likely a false assumption of mine.

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-stdlib/tree/master/lib/facter/util

So, yeah, that should work. Although I'm still not sure what Ruby will
do if you sync a file to util/ that is also present in the system wide
facter/util/ tree. It's likely safer to give unique names to your fact
code files, except when you are overriding existing facts (not their
utility functions, mind).

Best,
Felix