Hi folks,

I'm a long-time Puppet user but this week I've moved to use Puppetserver and r10k, using abstractit/puppet to oversee everything, and that depends on zack/r10k and other modules to do the heavy lifting. I'm using Gitlab to manage my git repo which uses a webhook to prod r10k into deploying the environments.

There are one or two wrinkles with my setup that I'm struggling to diagnose. When I make a new branch, which webhooks r10k to do a new deploy, the new environment is created with the wrong permissions:

[root@puppet-prod environments]# pwd
/etc/puppet/environments
[root@puppet-prod environments]# ls -la
total 36
drwxrwxr-x. 9 root   puppet 4096 Aug 18 13:32 .
drwxr-xr-x. 5 puppet puppet 4096 Aug 17 16:48 ..
drwxrwxrwx. 8 root   root   4096 Aug 17 14:04 named_logrotate
drwxr-xr-x. 8 root   root   4096 Aug 18 08:19 production
drwxrwxrwx. 8 root   root   4096 Aug 18 13:21 puppetserver_tuning
drwxrwxrwx. 8 root   root   4096 Aug 18 13:08 test_branch
drwxrwxrwx. 8 root   root   4096 Aug 18 11:23 www_admin

I can't find any setting which would cause a new directory to be created as root:root 777. All subdirectories are also 777 while all files are 666. Anyone know how I can set it to create directories as something more sensible, like puppet:puppet 755?

Happy to send example config or logs extracts if these would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jonathan