Hi all.
sorry for late reply. So....It's not completely wrong what I am trying
to do but still not working.
My idea its' not to have at all any node.pp or environment.pp etc but
drive everything from hiera/yaml.

I was able to do so till I need to install postgres because I'd like
to evaluate puppetDB.

Anyway here are the conf files you David asked

[root@puppet-server puppet]# cat hiera.yaml
---
:backends:
  - yaml

:hierarchy:
  - "%{::environment}/%{::environment}"
  - "nodes/%{::fqdn}"
  - common

:yaml:
  :datadir: /etc/puppet/hieradata/

[root@puppet-server puppet]# puppet module list
Warning: Missing dependency 'puppetlabs-stdlib':
  'alfredo-sropackages' (v0.1.0) requires 'puppetlabs-stdlib' (>= 1.0.0)
  'alfredo-sroservices' (v0.1.0) requires 'puppetlabs-stdlib' (>= 1.0.0)
  'alf-srotest' (v0.1.0) requires 'puppetlabs-stdlib' (>= 1.0.0)
  'alf-srousers' (v0.1.0) requires 'puppetlabs-stdlib' (>= 1.0.0)
/etc/puppet/modules
├── alf-srotest (v0.1.0)
├── alf-srousers (v0.1.0)
├── alfredo-sropackages (v0.1.0)
├── alfredo-sroservices (v0.1.0)
├── bashtoni-timezone (v1.0.0)
├── camptocamp-augeas (v1.2.4)
├── camptocamp-postfix (v1.2.2)
├── example42-puppi (v2.1.10)
├── example42-resolver (v2.0.12)
├── example42-yum (v2.1.17)
├── nanliu-staging (v1.0.3)
├── puppetlabs-apache (v1.4.1)
├── puppetlabs-apt (v1.8.0)
├── puppetlabs-concat (v1.2.1)
├── puppetlabs-firewall (v1.5.0)
├── puppetlabs-inifile (v1.2.0)
├── puppetlabs-motd (v1.2.0)
├── puppetlabs-mysql (v3.6.0)
├── puppetlabs-ntp (v3.2.1)
├── puppetlabs-postgresql (v4.5.0)
├── puppetlabs-puppetdb (v5.0.0)
├── puppetlabs-stdlib (v4.8.0)
├── saz-ssh (v2.4.0)
├── saz-sudo (v3.0.9)
└── spiette-selinux (v0.5.4)
/usr/share/puppet/modules (no modules installed)
[root@puppet-server puppet]#

For the environment I use again hiera.yaml to split my environment.

Regards

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:19 AM, David Levray <dlev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please :
> cat hiera.yaml
> puppet module list
> puppet module list --environment xxx   (xx = environment your node)
>
> ty
>

> Le samedi 29 août 2015 06:31:29 UTC+2, Alfredo De Luca a écrit :
>>
>> Hi all.
>> Using Puppet open source  3.8  with hiera for test purpose.
>>
>> I installed puppetlabs-postgresql from forge but when on my puppet
>> client yaml I use postgresql I got the following error:
>>

>> Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
>> SERVER: Could not find class postgresql for puppet-sql.alflab.net on
>> node puppet-sql.alflab.net
>>

>> Any clue why?
>>
>> Here is the yaml file
>>
>> ---
>> classes:
>>   - sudo
>>   - selinux
>>   - postgresql
>>
>> All the rest is working just fine. Also I tried puppetlabs-mysql but
>> same error.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> --
>> Alfredo