Warron,
Disclaimer: I work for Red Hat, not on Satellite, and not in a customer
facing support role: jpryor [AT] redhat.com
If you need actual support for puppet and Satellite 6.2, then please follow
up with RH Support directly.

If you need to run Puppet Enterprise as a Master, and desire to have PE and
Satellite 6.1+ be integrated together, then please refer to the documents
written by Puppet and Red Hat. See also the "Puppet Enterprise & Satellite
6" YouTube video of the talk given at PuppetConf 2015.
https://access.redhat.com/articles/satellite-and-puppet-enterprise
https://puppet.com/product/managed-technology/red-hat
https://youtu.be/SznrNExpjxo?t=800

However in your example:

*" I am running Red Hat Satellite 6.2.1, but the Puppet Master is actually
on v3.8.6; is there an agent that I can use on a VMware machine to manage
the packages and other files (all the same)?"*
What is the "VMware machine"? If "VMware machine" is a RHEL virtual-machine
running on VMware, then you can install the puppet agent that Red Hat
provides by way of a repo from your Satellite on the RHEL node, which is
documented here:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-
satellite/6.2/single/host-configuration-guide#sect-Red_Hat_Satellite-Host_
Configuration_Guide-Registration-Installing_and_Configuring_the_Puppet_Agent

I hope this helps,
James