On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 2:41:16 AM UTC-5, R.I. Pienaar wrote:

> Puppet 3 is now dead, upgrade to Puppet 4 - it's free - and you too can
> enjoy
> features designed to solve your problem

While understandable, that's something of an irritating answer-- It
underlies a problem I've felt puppet has had since the 1.x days-- Any
feature you're using can stop working with little warning, unless you
follow the puppetlabs blogs closely.

Newer changes aren't quite as drastic as banning hyphens from a class name,
but it can still be a major pain when you have a bunch of puppet code that
used to work.  :)

It also does a nice job of completely ignoring the user's question.

@Joe:  The iteration feature is available in Puppet 3.7.x and later, but
you need to enable the "future parser"-- which is also the first step in
upgrading smoothly to puppet 4.x.