On 25/04/17 18:34, Jason McMahan wrote:
> Has anyone else used the foreman puppet module to create a new formean host?
> We used the module, created the host, and manually added it to our f5
> but odd things show up.
>
> If i go to https://foreman.com (load balancer) go to infrastructure >
> smart proxy > click on puppetca host and look at certificates 1 out of 2
> times it is fine.
> If i go to https://foreman1.com (our original formean server that is
> also the certificate authority) ever proxy looks fine, life is happy.
>
> If i go to https://foreman2.com (the new foreman we created with the
> theforeman module logon is fine, hosts report ok but when i go to smart
> proxy it shows red and give the error
>
> *Error: *Unable to communicate with the proxy: Permission denied @
> rb_sysopen - /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/private_keys/foreman2.com.pem
> and Please check the proxy is configured and running on the host.

The certificate used by Foreman to communicate with its smart proxies is
set by the ssl_* settings under Administer > Settings > Auth.

theforeman/puppet configures this via /etc/foreman/settings.yaml, and
it's controlled by the "client_ssl_ca", "client_ssl_cert", and
"client_ssl_key" parameters on the "foreman" class
(http://www.puppetmodule.info/modules/theforeman-foreman/puppet_classes/foreman).

Check what values are appropriate for your smart proxy instance, perhaps
compare against your existing Foreman server, then set these parameters
to the same values.

--
Dominic Cleal
domi...@cleal.org