Hello together,

iam using the puppetlabs-reboot module for triggering reboots after
installing software over chocolatey packages in puppet.

If i apply for example firefox as a single package, firefox is installed
and then the agent triggers the reboot. But if my hostgroup have a lots of
configurations and software packages and i deploy a virtual machine from
scratch, he apply many ressources together and then he reboot only once,
even if i write in every single software installation package, that he
should reboot.

In my overview it looks like this:

ce
/Stage[main]/Dotnet47delangpack/Reboot[after_run_install_dotnet47delangpack]
Triggered
'refresh' from 2 events
notice /Stage[main]/Dotnetcoresdk/Package[dotnetcoresdk]/ensure created
notice /Stage[main]/Dotnetcoresdk/Reboot[after_run_install_dotnetcoresdk]
Triggered
'refresh' from 2 events
notice /Stage[main]/Firefox/Package[firefox]/ensure created
notice /Stage[main]/Firefox/Reboot[after_run_install_firefox] Triggered
'refresh' from 2 events
notice /Stage[main]/Google_chrome/Package[googlechrome]/ensure created
notice /Stage[main]/Google_chrome/Reboot[after_run_install_googlechrome]
Triggered
'refresh' from 2 events
notice /Stage[main]/Install_7zip/Package[7zip]/ensure created
notice /Stage[main]/Jdk8/Package[jdk8]/ensure created
he is ignoring the 4 reboots from the packages and apply them about 50
ressources later ..., but i really want he apply the reboot direclty after
the software installation, and not "collect" the reboots to apply them at
once in the end of the puppet run..

My definition is simple as the example on puppet forge:

class firefox{
  package { 'firefox':
    ensure => '53.0.3',
    provider => 'chocolatey',
    source => 'http://myrepo/repo/chocolatey/',
  }

  reboot { 'after_run_install_firefox':
    subscribe => Package['firefox'],

Does anyone now what i do wrong?

The documentation said:

*Optional. Specifies when to apply the reboot. If set to 'immediately', the
> provider stops applying additional resources and performs the reboot as
> soon as Puppet finishes syncing. If set to 'finished', it continues
> applying resources and then performs the reboot at the end of the run.
> Valid options: 'immediately' and 'finished'. Default value: 'immediately'.*

so iam using the default value "immediately" and the should reboot directly
and not after the end of the run?  Did i missunderstand something?

Thanks for any help