I'm not sure if this is an issue, or something I'm doing, since I'm trying to
use Ubuntu debs on patched-up Debian 9. The question: Is this PEBKAC or what?

To wit, I get a fatal error when attempting "pdk validate -d" and "pdk test
unit -d" at 1215f02 of the puppetlabs-ntp module. This happens in the same
manner with the following debs.

pdk_1.2.0.0-1trusty_amd64.deb
pdk_1.2.0.0-1xenial_amd64.deb

These gists are typescript sessions of me reproducing the issue:

https://gist.github.com/christopherwood/d2ac5542a3cdbf80cba7eaac6135ef14
https://gist.github.com/christopherwood/05f60e9f87465e73730606d8870065e7

I think the issue boils down to these lines:

pdk (FATAL): The dependency puppet-module-win-default-r2.1 (>= 0) will be
unused by any of the platforms Bundler is installing for. Bundler is installing
for ruby but the dependency is only for x86-mswin32, x86-mingw32, x64-mingw32.
To add those platforms to the bundle, run `bundle lock --add-platform
x86-mswin32 x86-mingw32 x64-mingw32`.
The dependency puppet-module-win-dev-r2.1 (= 0.0.7) will be unused by any of
the platforms Bundler is installing for. Bundler is installing for ruby but the
dependency is only for x86-mswin32, x86-mingw32, x64-mingw32. To add those
platforms to the bundle, run `bundle lock --add-platform x86-mswin32
x86-mingw32 x64-mingw32`.
The dependency puppet-module-win-system-r2.1 (>= 0) will be unused by any of
the platforms Bundler is installing for. Bundler is installing for ruby but the
dependency is only for x86-mswin32, x86-mingw32, x64-mingw32. To add those
platforms to the bundle, run `bundle lock --add-platform x86-mswin32
x86-mingw32 x64-mingw32`.

When I do "gem install --user-install puppet-module-win-default-r2.1" on my
system ruby 2.3.3p222 it installs with no issues. However the Gemfile in the
puppetlabs-ntp module specifies

:require => false, :platforms => ["mswin", "mingw", "x64_mingw"]

and for some reason that appears to cause an issue here.

I haven't really used bundler so definitely puzzled.