Hi Zhang,

> On 23. Aug 2019, at 09:36, Zhang Zhao <zhang.alex.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Martin,
> Thank you for your reply.. The firewall was disabled before I started puppet…
> I was using VirtualBox to create the environment. One server acts as puppet
> master and the other acts as agent. Still getting same error…. Any idea what
> else steps I was missing for configuration?

How did you do the Virtualbox network setup?
Do you use bridge interfaces?
Have the two systems a shared internal network?

Can the agent resolve the master hostname (puppet)?
Is puppet really the hostname of the master VM?

Can the agent ping the master (ping -c1 puppet)?

DNS (via Server like bind or via /etc/hosts entries) and NTP are two
requirements for a working Puppet environment.

Best,
Martin