Yes to all of the above :-)

1) Within Apply blocks, you can leverage Hiera data from the module. Simply
put a hiera.yaml in the root of the module to define where Hiera data
should be read from

2) While Hiera is nice, it might be even more powerful (depending on the
use case) to leverage the new capabilities in the v2 Bolt inventory file to
define facts and/or variables for groups and/or nodes:
https://puppet.com/docs/bolt/latest/inventory_file_v2.html#inventory-facts-vars-features-v2
You can then use this data directly in your plans:
https://puppet.com/docs/bolt/latest/writing_plans.html#variables-and-facts-on-targets

-Kevin