--- On Fri, 6/24/11, gusano <elgusanor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: gusano <elgusanor...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [puredyne] Puredata vs. Pd-extended
> To: puredyne@goto10.org
> Date: Friday, June 24, 2011, 8:35 PM
> On 06/24/2011 08:25 PM, Tyler Leavitt
> wrote:
> > @J bz - No, I was not able to install from the
> installer, though I had
> > issues installing Debian 6 via usb/unetbootin also so
> I'm curious if it
> > was my hardware.
> >
> > So who packages pd for pure:dyne then? I'd be curious
> to know the
> > reasons for not using pd-extended instead of pd...
>
> maybe because pure:dyne is supposed to stay light sizewise
> (as a Live distro that should fit a CD/USB) and pd-extended
> is huuge (and a bit bloated IMHO) ??

That's changing with 0.43.  As I understand it pd-extended should
be nearly identical to pd-vanilla (the exception being [initbang] and
[closebang] in extended), and all the libs will be available
as separate packages.  (Maybe there will still be a giant pd-ext
package as well for people who want it.)

> consider also that pure:dyne devs are smart and put the
> most usefull pd-libs already available in a neat
> pd-vanilla.
>
> but that's just a guess ;)
>
> cheers,
> _y