Proxmox should support custom bridge names as well - OVS allows to create custom named bridges like "intnet" or whatever, but Proxmox GUI does not display those, which is a pity.

For me, vmbr is a lot-like Linux-bridge-alike so I would have chosen a different name for my bridge, but it looks like this is not possible.

Is there some hardcoded "grep vmbr" or some more detailed explenation why there is such a resrtiction?

As I can get pass from custom named ethernet devices I am still restrained by "vmbr"-named bridges.

All the best