Hi David,
Thanks for bringing this up..
Sorry for taking time to respond to this.
Before I got to the acl tests, I did uncover and fix a few other bugs some
of which were in the LTP script (runltp) and some of which were in pvfs2.
The runltp script requires a mkdir -m 777 when it creates the temp
directory for many of the tests to work properly (Before that change,
the runltp script was failing even on /tmp for me).

The tests that continue to fail for me now are
a) the nftw() tests when run as the user "nobody" on a directory owned by
<nobody,root>
b) the writev01 test which passes in a bogus address amongst valid
addresses in the iovec and expects that writev() does not return -EFAULT.
I think we had this discussion a long time back when the writev
implementation was done and I still havent had a chance to fix this.

The acl tests in the LTP suite does something very naive (I am referring
to the acl_file_test and acl_link_test). They open a file, do a
(l)listxattr() on it, do a (l)getxattr() on the first key and then do a
(l)setxattr() on it.
For a regular file, we return  "system.pvfs2.dh" and "system.pvfs2.md"
as part of listxattr(), and any attempt to do a setxattr() will obviously
fail (currently with -EINVAL) since these are not settable xtended
attributes.
Quite frankly, these acl tests are not worth fixing.

That said, it would be great if we could modify the tacl_xattr.sh to
somehow work with pvfs2 (It is currently ext3 specific) since that is
really a good acl test...
If there are any other (Acl or otherwise) tests that fail for you, please
let me know and I can take a shot at fixing them.
thanks,
Murali