On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 11:17:31AM -0500, Murali Vilayannur wrote:
> Hey guys,
> It turns out that the mpi-io programs that were stalling on Chiba was not
> because of any I/O related issues, but due to a simultaneous file create
> issue that was causing all sorts of weirdness. So, the workaround was to
> create the file in rank 0 and have all other ranks open the file after a
> barrier. So please ignore my previous message..

If you opened the file with MPI_COMM_WORLD, that should have already
happened in ROMIO.  If you need to do independent I/O for some reason,
then that wouldn't have helped you.    I haven't seen simultaneous
indpendent file opens cause problems on jazz, but in those cases I'm
not using the VFS either

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B