We just the MPI part for starting up a lot of processes.. Sorry for the
incorrect phrasing in my emails. We dont use
MPI I/O. Used the posix interface directly.

Simultaneous create problems with vfs is possibly due to the request
scheduler on server not serializing crdirents of the same component name.
I doubt you will even see that kind of pattern at the server with the mpi
i/o interface.

Is this a bug that would show up if you have several VFS clients attempt to open the same file in O_CREAT mode at the same time?

I know that is not a recommended access pattern, but there are some applications out there that do that.

-Phil