Murali Vilayannur wrote:
Hi All,
Just a heads-up..
I have checked in a patch that will allow the pvfs2-ping utility to verify
if the fs.conf files obtained from all the servers for a given fsid
is the same by checking against their crypto check sum (SHA1 right now)
Please let me know if you have any serious objections to doing it the way
I have done right now..
Thanks,
Murali

Hi Murali,

This is integrated into fs_add so that the test is performed automatically at mount time now, correct? We had done something similar in the pvfs2-validate utility, but I think it will be good to have it integrated into the normal mount process.

I haven't looked at the code, but I have a few functionality comments after playing with it this morning:

- Is it possible to filter whitespace and comments out of the config file before gathering whatever information you need for comparison, or do you want to enforce that the fs.conf files be verbatim identical?

- I ran one test where a server had an extra line in its configuration file, and that showed up fine as a mount error with information in the log files showing the size difference. However, I ran another test where I just changed the value of UnexpectedRequests from "50" to "51", and this did not generate any error. Is there anything in particular you have to do to enable the checksum tests in addition to the size tests?

-Phil