Hi Phil,

> This is integrated into fs_add so that the test is performed
> automatically at mount time now, correct?  We had done something similar
> in the pvfs2-validate utility, but I think it will be good to have it
> integrated into the normal mount process.

Yes! It is integrated into the fs-add machine in HEAD.
And it is automatically checked at mount time..

> - Is it possible to filter whitespace and comments out of the config
> file before gathering whatever information you need for comparison, or
> do you want to enforce that the fs.conf files be verbatim identical?

I am not averse to doing it either way. For now, I am enforcing that the
fs.conf files should be verbatim identical.
I am not sure it is worth the trouble to eliminate white space and comment
removal since we expect sys admins to copy the fs.conf files to all
servers or place them on some NFS mounted volume. thoughts?

> - I ran one test where a server had an extra line in its configuration
> file, and that showed up fine as a mount error with information in the
> log files showing the size difference.  However, I ran another test
> where I just changed the value of UnexpectedRequests from "50" to "51",
> and this did not generate any error.  Is there anything in particular
> you have to do to enable the checksum tests in addition to the size tests?

This is probably because you did not specify the path to openssl at the
time of configure and so it does not do the checksum computation.

./configure --with-openssl=<typically /usr>...
It should work after that...
thanks,
Murali