On 07/21/2015 01:45 PM, Ben Collins wrote:

On Jul 21, 2015, at 1:35 PM, Rob Latham <r...@mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

On 07/21/2015 09:32 AM, Becky Ligon wrote:
Rob:

We will take a look and update subversion as necessary.

Here's a new version of the patch.  Found two more spots that were failing when
they shouldn.

Wouldn’t it be better to actually check the return value for possible errors
returned from the call or remove the unused variables completely?

These are compile-time tests (AC_TRY_COMPILE), so we don't actually know what the value will be. We could do AC_TRY_RUN but that will make cross compiling harder. Ok, fair enough, there are not a lot of cross-compiling pvfs users.... These tests could maybe be more sophisticated, sure: we wrote them in 2006 and have learned a few things since :>

==rob
--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA