Michael Wilhelms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use swiki / comanche 1.2 in school on a linux box (pentium 133 suse
> 6.4) from january 2001.
> Just start and running. Very easy. Very useful.
>
> Sometimes the priority of the squeak process (display from "top" at
> linux) drop down from 97% to 0.

This is normal -- the priority is just used in the kernel when deciding
which process to run next.  A process that is using CPU will actually
have its priority lowered; the effect is that the kernel tries to pick a
different process than the one that was just running.  This value isn't
actually very interesting for humans, so I'm not sure why top even
displays it.

The CPU field of top is more interesting.  It's probably up around 95%
when this is happening?  Almost certainly this is a time when the server
is being used.

Another interesting thing you can try, especially if you have
CrLfFileStream enabled in your swiki image, is to run "tail -f" on the
swiki log file.  Then you can watch as connections come in.  Another
little trick is "netstat -t", which will list all TCP/IP connections
that are currently open.

-Lex