At 11:27 AM -0500 4/3/02, Stephan B. Wessels wrote:
>I've been running my Swikis headless on Unix and also on OS X as a
>development environment.
>
>However, the solution to your "large" window staying open is simple.  Just
>close the window, stop the Swiki, and then manually save the image.  After
>the image saves you can do the usual save+exit mantra to get your swiki
>launched.

Ah, you're right. I must have done Save & Exit with the full big
window open, and I never thought to do it again.

>If you're able to run on OS X you can just "kill" the squeak swiki process
>and not be concerned with the quit menu.

In this case, no, since I have several other servers on that machine,
including IPNetRouter, which aren't native under Mac OS X. They might
work, but that Mac is a gateway for my long-range wireless connection
too, and for the moment, 802.11 PC Cards work more smoothly in Mac OS
9.

>By the way, your name looks familiar.  Are you the Adam Engst that wrote a
>number of Macintosh programming books back in the 80s?

Nope, sorry, you must be thinking of someone else entirely. I've
written numerous books, but mostly about Internet stuff in the
mid-90s.

cheers... -Adam

     Adam C. Engst    #3 in MDJ Power 25 <http://www.tidbits.com/adam/>
   TidBITS Publisher        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.tidbits.com/>