Dear Andreas,

It seems that finally we're getting there. You may not remember anymore but
I've been pursuing this issue since from the very beginning (if I've not
even started it this discussion at all), but didn't have time lately.

I would appreciate when you do your next pycuda and pyopencl release to have
64 bits available out-of-box for Mac and updated instructions for installing
and testing.

Many thanks to you all guys who cracked this issue.

Alan

On 21 September 2010 00:53, Andreas Kloeckner <li...@informa.tiker.net>wrote:

> Hi Art, Min, Bryan,
>
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:25:24 -0700, Art <grenan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for posting the fork. I used your modification to compiler.py (my
> > original one was incorrect) and I built a 64-bit only version of pycuda
> and
> > all tests under tests/ passed for the first time. I also was able to call
> > cublas and cufft using something similar to parret [1].
>
> Thanks very much for getting to the bottom of this pesky problem! (Or
> that's at least what it seems like to me--right?) I've pulled both Min's
> and Bryan's fixes into PyCUDA's git.
>
> Thanks again,
> Andreas

Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.