Dnia 2010-09-25, sob o godzinie 02:39 +0200, Stefan Reiterer pisze:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm currently try to introduce pyopencl and pycuda in sage.
> I'm currently testing on sage-4.5.3
>
> And it wokrs quite well. But I have some trouble with pycuda.
> I get this error when I test the hello-gpu:
[cut]
> OSError: nvcc was not found (is it on the PATH?) [error invoking 'nvcc
> --version': [Errno 2] No such file or directory]
> sage:
>
> It seems that somehow I have troubles with nvcc...

Sorry for late reply.

I do not know sage (and assuming Linux) but I would start with
checking if nvcc is in PATH.
When you install cuda toolkit with default settings (/usr/local/cuda)
nvcc is not in PATH. I added /usr/local/cuda/bin to PATH in ~/.bashrc
If you add nvcc to PATH in other file (like /etc/profile,
~/.bash_profile, etc.) it might not be added every time.
Similarly, when you run program as another user, (s)he does
not have nvcc in the PATH.

Regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860