Dnia 2010-09-28, wto o godzinie 16:29 +0200, Stefan Reiterer pisze:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:09:44 +0200
> > Von: Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl>
> > An: Stefan Reiterer <dom...@gmx.net>
> > CC: pycuda@tiker.net
> Thanks for your answer!
>
> No sage isn't linux it's an opensource python project:
> http://www.sagemath.org/

Sorry - I was guessing.

> But I think I found an answer to my problem already. Perhaps sage did
> something different again with the variables... perhaps I have to set one of
> the SAGE_XXX variables for the shell. I first thought the culprit is pycuda,
> because it first didn't work in python either.
>
> But it works if one loads the examples with the "load" command into the Sage
> session, so it's not so a big deal =)

Glad to hear that you got it working.

In case of such packages they usually start with some environment
settings ignoring tweaking done by user.
Similar problems exist with Eclipse plugins - one needs to point
many of them (e.g. PyDev) to directories where tools are installed,
even though libraries are available from command line.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860