Hi Tomasz,

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 12:01:25 +0100, Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> wrote:
> Sorry if you have received my previous mail (from 2011-02-01 22:52)
> but I have not got any reply - so here I am sending it again.
>
> I have seen your email from 2010-12-26. I was in Germany, so I was
> able to send reply on 2011-01-11. I have fixed code and removed
> repetitions.

My work on your scan implementation is on the scan-from-tomasz branch
[1]. The code as you submitted it was not runnable (it used symbols that
weren't imported). I've fixed that, moved it to a separate file and
matched the code's style to the rest of PyCUDA. I've also folded all the
tests into one simpler routine.

[1] http://git.tiker.net/pycuda.git/shortlog/refs/heads/scan-from-tomasz

Remaining concerns:

- It's still not working, the tests give large errors.

- Ultimately, the code performs pretty complicated code generation. I
  wonder if it might not give more maintainable code to simply use a
  template engine. (Mako would be the preferred one for the job.)

Thanks for your submission--I'm looking forward to your comments.

Andreas