Dnia 2011-02-13, nie o godzinie 16:31 -0500, Andreas Kloeckner pisze:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 12:01:25 +0100, Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> wrote:
> > Sorry if you have received my previous mail (from 2011-02-01 22:52)
> > but I have not got any reply - so here I am sending it again.
> >
> > I have seen your email from 2010-12-26. I was in Germany, so I was
> > able to send reply on 2011-01-11. I have fixed code and removed
> > repetitions.
>
> My work on your scan implementation is on the scan-from-tomasz branch
> [1]. The code as you submitted it was not runnable (it used symbols that
> weren't imported). I've fixed that, moved it to a separate file and
> matched the code's style to the rest of PyCUDA. I've also folded all the
> tests into one simpler routine.
>
> [1] http://git.tiker.net/pycuda.git/shortlog/refs/heads/scan-from-tomasz
>
> Remaining concerns:
>
> - It's still not working, the tests give large errors.
>
> - Ultimately, the code performs pretty complicated code generation. I
>   wonder if it might not give more maintainable code to simply use a
>   template engine. (Mako would be the preferred one for the job.)
>
> Thanks for your submission--I'm looking forward to your comments.

I am afraid I will not be able to work on it till approximately
mid-March. I will try to fix code, but I want to finish CURAND
first, then fix OpenGL wrapper (I have discovered that my implementation
of new API missed one use case).

If someone from the list wants to try to fix prefix sum, or just play
with it, feel free. If not, I will look into it in month or so.

Regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860