On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:37:27 -0700 (PDT), Mike Tischler
<mikethesoils...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm happy to help, but you may have to walk me through this part.  I
> didn't use git to retrieve the pycuda code before.  Also, I would like
> to keep this separate from the working pycuda install I currently have
> (now that I have it working, I hate to fiddle with it :-)

Sure. Do you know of virtualenv [1]? This will help you keep your new
installation separate from the old, working one. (I personally use
virtualenvs for any package I develop or install from source.)

[1] http://www.virtualenv.org/en/latest/index.html

As far as getting pycuda from git is concerned, this should be enough:

git clone https://github.com/inducer/pycuda.git
cd pycuda
git submodule init
git submodule update
(make sure your virtualenv is active)
(configure the same way you configured your old copy, but using 'shipped
boost')
python setup.py install

(should be ready to use)

Andreas