Andreas,
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm able to get the latest git using commands through the GIT bash shell.  I'm
also able to use and activate virtualenv through a traditional command prompt.
But, I'm not sure how to configure pycuda to build from the bpl-subset instead
of an external boost source.  What do you specify for the missing entries in
the siteconf.py file below:

BOOST_INC_DIR = []
BOOST_LIB_DIR = []
BOOST_COMPILER = 'msvc9'
USE_SHIPPED_BOOST = True
BOOST_PYTHON_LIBNAME = []
BOOST_THREAD_LIBNAME = []

if using msvc as your compiler?  I'm very unfamiliar with virtualenv, so I'm
not quite sure how to go about installing pycuda through that environment,
unfortunately.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

thanks,
Mike