Hi

I've just got PyCUDA installed on OS X 10.8. It wasn't so hard in the end -
the trick was to basically ignore the outdated instructions at
http://wiki.tiker.net/PyCuda/Installation/Mac (I will update that page once
I'm confident I've done everything correctly). Instead I just installed the
dependencies via MacPorts and then did

python configure.py --cuda-root=/usr/local/cuda/
# then edit siteconf.py to enable OpenGL
make
sudo make install

The test_driver.py script says "20 passed, 1 skipped in 24.39 seconds" so I
guess it's working OK. (Though why does it skip one of the tests? Is there
some way to get it to tell me which one?)

However, I'm unable to get the GLInterop example to work. Running it
produces the following output. (The ApplePersistenceIgnoreState is
irrelevant, it happens whenever I open any kind of window from Python.)

$ python GlInterop.py
Hit ESC key to quit, 'a' to toggle animation, and 'e' to toggle cuda
2013-09-11 14:36:53.321 Python[3027:f07] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState:
Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to
/var/folders/0x/25_70mj17tb1ypm1c_js8jd40000gq/T/org.python.python.savedState
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GlInterop.py", line 135, in display
    process_image()
  File "GlInterop.py", line 170, in process_image
    glBindBufferARB(GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER_ARB, long(source_pbo))
NameError: global name 'GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER_ARB' is not defined

Do I have the wrong version of OpenGL, or is there something special I can
do to make GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER_ARB work? I tried to find out where it is
defined, and what OpenGL version it's in, but I didn't have much luck.

If I can't fix this, does it mean I can't use OpenGL interop at all, or is
the problem specific to this example? I will be using PyCUDA for
simulations, and I'd like to visualise the results using shared textures.

All the best,
Nathaniel

--
Nathaniel Virgo