Hi Andreas
I found that the pycuda .whl was a combination install for pycuda 2017.1.1 +
Cuda 8.0.6.1 for win64 and python 3.6.

I suspect that while the install was successful my test programs are failing
because I have Cuda 9.0.

I am home now for the Sabbath but on Sunday I will see if I can install a
compatible who + cuda version.

I am sorry that I did not see this earlier.

Best, Arnold

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 4 mini ™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

<li...@informa.tiker.net> </div><div>Date:10/26/2017  7:22 PM  (GMT-05:00)
simplespeedtest.py </div><div>

> Hi Andreas,    I tried to reinstall pycuda from within my Miniconda3 command
> window, i.e., using the command... pip install pycuda.    Everything goes
> well in the build until it tries to execute the following:
>     C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\Library\mingw-w64\bin\gcc.exe -mdll -O -Wall
> -DMS_WIN64 -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DBOOST_THREAD_BUILD_DLL=1
> -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -DBOOST_PYTHON_SOURCE=1
> -Dboost=pycudaboost -DBOOST_THREAD_DONT_USE_CHRONO=1 -DPYGPU_PACKAGE=pycuda
> -DPYGPU_PYCUDA=1 -DHAVE_CURAND=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset
> "-IC:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.0\include"
> -IC:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\include
> -IC:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\include
> -IC:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\include -IC:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\include -c
> src/cpp/cuda.cpp -o build\temp.win-amd64-3.6\Release\src\cpp\cuda.o /EHsc
> Then I get this error message:gcc: error: /EHsc: No such file or directory
> error: command
> 'C:\\ProgramData\\Miniconda3\\Library\\mingw-w64\\bin\\gcc.exe' failed with
> exit status 1.So I thought that the gcc.exe folder needed to be added to the
> path, so I added it. Nevertheless, I got the same gcc: error: /EHsc: No such
> file or directory.
>
> PATH=C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3;C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\Library\mingw-w64\bin;C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\Library\usr\bin;C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\Library\;C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\Scripts;C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\Library\bin;C:\Program
>  Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.0\bin;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU
> Computing
> Toolkit\CUDA\v9.0\libnvvp;C:\SciSoft\Python36\Scripts\;C:\SciSoft\Python36\;
> etc...
> At the same time, the pip install provides the following message:
>     *************************************************************
>     *** I have detected that you have not run configure.py.
>     *************************************************************
>     *** Additionally, no global config files were found.
>     *** I will go ahead with the default configuration.
>     *** In all likelihood, this will not work out.
>     ***
>     *** See README_SETUP.txt for more information.
>     ***
>     *** If the build does fail, just re-run configure.py with the
>     *** correct arguments, and then retry. Good
>  there are no files named configure.py or README_SETUP.txt on my
> computer..Please advise.Thank you.Arnold

I am not sure PyCUDA likes being built with Mingw; I'd recommend the
MS compiler (or Christoph Gohlke's binaries) on Windows. At the very
least, you'd have to adjust the CXXFLAGS config variable to not include
flags that only the MS compiler will recognize. Alternatively, PyOpenCL
does much the same thing as PyCUDA and is included in conda forge.

HTH,
Andreas