Hi Andreas,     my CNN training program has the following pycuda set up:
    import pycuda.driver as drv...    # pycuda set up
    drv.init()
    dev = drv.Device(int(config['gpu'][-1]))
    ctx = dev.make_context()
When I run the program I get the following error:  File
"C:\Users\atunick\theano_alexnet\train.py", line 31, in train_net
    ctx = dev.make_context()
MemoryError: cuCtxCreate failed: out of memory
Note that I am using a new win 10 notebook and have everything re-installed and
working, e.g., I have run without error two pycuda test programs...hello_gpu.py
and simplespeedtest.py..I have not seen this problem before and when I search
the web for solutions, the ones that you recommended earlier don't appear to
work, i.e.,   import pycuda
   pycuda.tools.clear_context_caches()
or
   import gc
   and between calls add gc.collect().Please advise.Thank you.Arnold