The following forum message was posted by qu9542 at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/4739830:

I got the exact same problem with pyOpenGL and PyDev in Eclipse.

Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
Eclipse Indigo + PyDev

When I try to open "pyOpenGL" example py file
@ http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyOpenGL-Demo. Eclipse IDE hangs, and java is
using 1.2GB of my memory, 100% CPU in 1~2 minutes. Then I got "gc overhead limit
exceeded" and "out of memory" error.

here is my eclipse.ini file:
--------------------------
-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.100.v20110505
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
512m