I actually got interested in the problem, and tried to recreate your code,
even though you practically gave it to me.  Had to sleep though :) I'll
finish when I get home.

Anyway, as long as the physics time engine is based on your fps, any point
when the window is moved will cause a drop in the fps.  I recommend timing
the loop and getting an average speed going.  Then, pause the simulation if
the loop time is longer than that.  That way, when you release-click, the
ball will move from where it started.

You could just forget timing and estimate, which I don't recommend if you
want accuracy.

Ian