On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 5:52 PM, René Dudfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> cool!  It's so good that you fixed it in 5 minutes.  Must have been
> processing in the back of your head :)  I love it when that happens.

I both love it and hate it.  Love--because I don't have to do much, and
hate, because the error is invariably stupid on my part.

> Have you done rendering to texture for increased shadow map
> resolution?  That would really give it a nice quality boost.

That's what shadow mapping does.  Unfortunately, there is a strange
limitation which causes artifacts if the textures_resolution >
min([screenwidth, screenheight]).  I'll ask GameDev.net soon I hope.

> ps.  if you wanted to include references/credits for shadows, the code
> I posted last has a list of urls at the top, including a link to the
> original article some of the code came from.

OK.  I probably owe credit to about 500 people on shadows by now...
Ian