On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM, René Dudfield <ren...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> awesome.  I'll put it up with the other rc3 stuff.
>
> typo with the link:
>     http://www3.telus.net/len_l/pygame/pygame-1.9.0b03.win32-py2.6.msi
>
> cheers!
>

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Lenard Lindstrom <le...@telus.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Here is the latest Pygame 1.9.0 (rev 2500) for Python 2.6 on Windows.
>> Though the machine this was compiled on has a firewall and active antivirus
>> program, it uses XP and is not mine, so take whatever precautions you feel
>> necessary. The msi installer is:
>>
>> http://www3.telus.net/len_l/pygame/pygame-1.9.0b03win32-py2.6.msi
>>
>> md5sum:
>> e247f69466be1f847c875794cc01d173
>>
>> There is no corresponding Python 3.1 version. A distutils bug, absent in
>> Python 3.0 and fixed in Python 2.6.2, prevents compilation with MinGW.
>>
>> Enjoy,
>>
>> Lenard Lindstrom
>>

> Thanks for the build !!!
1. In the section 'Tests', the docs tells:

"""A quick way to run the test suite package from the command line is to
import the go submodule

with the Python -m option:

  python -m pygame.tests [<test options>]
"""

but in winXP, python 2.6.1 this not works:

D:\tmp>c:\python26\python.exe -m pygame.tests
c:\python26\python.exe: pygame.tests is a package and cannot be directly
executed

Making a script pygame19rc3_starter.py with the contents:

#test starter
from pygame.tests import run
run()
#script ends

and running with

D:\tmp>c:\python26\python.exe -m pygame19rc3_starter.py

the tests runs.

2. The test run goes ok:
Ran 412 tests in 62.766s

OK

3. playtested some games and old bugdemos, no problems
thanks !
--
claxo