On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM, claudio canepa <ccanep...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM, René Dudfield <ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> awesome.  I'll put it up with the other rc3 stuff.
>>
>> typo with the link:
>>     http://www3.telus.net/len_l/pygame/pygame-1.9.0b03.win32-py2.6.msi
>>
>> cheers!
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Lenard Lindstrom <le...@telus.net>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Here is the latest Pygame 1.9.0 (rev 2500) for Python 2.6 on Windows.
>>> Though the machine this was compiled on has a firewall and active antivirus
>>> program, it uses XP and is not mine, so take whatever precautions you feel
>>> necessary. The msi installer is:
>>>
>>> http://www3.telus.net/len_l/pygame/pygame-1.9.0b03win32-py2.6.msi
>>>
>>> md5sum:
>>> e247f69466be1f847c875794cc01d173
>>>
>>> There is no corresponding Python 3.1 version. A distutils bug, absent in
>>> Python 3.0 and fixed in Python 2.6.2, prevents compilation with MinGW.
>>>
>>> Enjoy,
>>>
>>> Lenard Lindstrom
>>>

>> Thanks for the build !!!
> 1. In the section 'Tests', the docs tells:
>
> """A quick way to run the test suite package from the command line is to
> import the go submodule
>
> with the Python -m option:
>
>   python -m pygame.tests [<test options>]
> """
>
> but in winXP, python 2.6.1 this not works:
>

> D:\tmp>c:\python26\python.exe -m pygame.tests
> c:\python26\python.exe: pygame.tests is a package and cannot be directly
> executed
>

> Making a script pygame19rc3_starter.py with the contents:
>
> #test starter
> from pygame.tests import run
> run()
> #script ends
>
> and running with
>
> D:\tmp>c:\python26\python.exe -m pygame19rc3_starter.py
>
> the tests runs.
>
> ----------------------------------
> 2. The test run goes ok:
> Ran 412 tests in 62.766s
>
> OK
>
> ----------------------------------
> 3. playtested some games and old bugdemos, no problems
> ----------------------------------
> thanks !
> --
> claxo

Ah, damn.  I notice this on ubuntu, and OSX with python2.6 too...

However it works with python3.0 and python3.1

Here's the python bug:
http://bugs.python.org/issue2751

Looks like someone just decided to break it in python2.6.  I guess they
haven't ported the brokenness to py3k yet.

Maybe we should use:

python -m pygame.tests.main
python -m pygame.examples.main

A bit uglier, but it will at least work!

cheers,