Hey, I'm sure being on this mailinglist you've seen this:
http://pygame.renpy.org/

Apart from that there seem to be a lot of potential ways of using python or
python like languages but nothing that is nicely packaged up and easy

(For instance a quick google finds this for cython
http://gitorious.org/nava#more
).

I'm obviously aware of the android scripting environment, but that doesn't
seem like a good solution for distributing apps.